MARAPONG — A 50-year-old man burnt to death after his house was allegedly set on fire by a burning candle in the early morning hours of Tuesday 29 May.
According to Warrant Officer Frans Mokoena, Lephalale Cluster Spokesperson, the police were called to the house in Marapong Ext. 3, Manamela Park, around 03:30. They called for help and tried to extinguish the fire with no success.
The victim was identified as Mkhumiseni Netshipise and according to WO Mokoena, he was a security guard at a local security company, working for Exxaro.
Netshipise’s family were already informed about the incident at the time of going to print.