A close shave

LEPHALALE — On Saturday 12 September, around 18:10, a peaceful family braai at the Mafoko family’s home turned into a nightmare, when their house in Onverwacht caught fire.

Ronaldt Mafoko, General Manager: Exxaro Resources, his wife Puleng, their three children and the family helper were at home at the time. Everyone escaped the ordeal unharmed.

According to information, the fire started on the first floor, spread rapidly, and the roof collapsed shortly afterwards.

Members of Monster Security, the Lephalale Community Forum (CPF), Eskom Medupi’s emergency team, Lephalale fire brigade, Exxaro emergency team and other stakeholders attended the scene.

“There were seven fire trucks on the scene to assist. Members from CLA911 ambulance service examined everyone for possible injuries. It was a great team effort,” says Francois Roets, owner of Monster Security.

The Mafoko family thanks everyone who helped and supported them, and they say they are just thankful everyone is safe, and no one was injured.

According to information received, the house is the property of Exxaro and the family has been moved to another safe property.

(Photo credit: Louis Francois Ooshuizen @LFO.visuals lfo.visuals@gmail.com)

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.