Smoke kills granny

SHONGOANE — Villa Nora SAPS is investigating a case of inquest after Rosina M Ramotebele (62) was found dead inside her house in Phahladira Village Shongoane 2, on Sunday 6 August around 21:30.
According to Warrant Officer Frans Mokoena from Lephalale SAPS, it is alleged that one of Ramotebele’s grandchildren (13 years old) left a burning candle on the table in her room, then allegedly locked the door of the room and went to call her mother.
When she returned to her grandmother’s house, smoke was coming from the house.
The police were called and they found that the table cloth was on fire. It is also suspected that Ramotebele died from smoke inhalation because she didn’t sustain any burns.
Emergency services were called and Ramotebele was certified dead on the scene.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.